Bay Area Open Houses Scheduled for Plan Bay Area 2040 Regional Transportation and Housing Plan
Who: Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) & Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC)
What: A series of public open houses for Bay Area residents to learn about an update to the region's long-range transportation and housing roadmap known as Plan Bay Area 2040. Participants will view displays and offer comments on long-term goals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from cars and light-duty trucks, house the region's projected population, improve public health, maintain the region's transportation infrastructure and preserve open space, among others. Displays will also feature the schedule and key milestones for the plan update, offer information on how new housing and employment is forecast, and offer information on transportation improvements in the works at the county and regional level.
When & Where:
- Alameda County: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Alameda County Fairgrounds, Palm Pavilion, 4501 Pleasanton Avenue, Pleasanton (Wheels will run extended bus service on Route 53 between West Dublin/Pleasanton BART and the Fairgrounds.
- Contra Costa County: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Walnut Creek Marriott, 2355 North Main Street, Walnut Creek
- San Mateo County: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., San Mateo County Event Center, Event Pavilion, 1346 Saratoga Drive, San Mateo
- Santa Clara County: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Berryessa Community Center, 3050 Berryessa Road, San Jose
- Napa County: Thursday, May 7, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Napa Elks Lodge, 2840 Soscol Avenue, Napa
- Solano County: Thursday, May 7, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Hilton Garden Inn, 2200 Gateway Court, Fairfield
- Sonoma County: Thursday, May 7, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Friedman Center, 4676 Mayette Ave., Santa Rosa
- San Francisco: Wednesday, May 13, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Hotel Whitcomb, 1231 Market Street, San Francisco
- Marin County: Thursday, May 28, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Marin Civic Center, San Rafael (exact location to be determined).
Check the plan website at www.planbayarea.org for updates.
Can't Attend an Open House?
Join the online discussion at planbayarea.org or share your thoughts on Facebook or Twitter. For more information, members of the public should call (510)817-5757.